How to embellish your favorite blank note card to create a special gift

 I love icing the cake and I love embellishing cards.  Although I often find beautiful blank note cards in the shops, I like the cards that I send to look a bit more finished.
Jack Johnson's music always makes me smile.
 I ordered some note cards from my card shop.  They are blank 5 x 7 note cards.  Although they do a lovely job printing them, I love to add a little bit of embellishments.  This is my Paris in Springtime note card.
A bit of ribbon was used to attach some pretty papers to go inside.  I added the matching paper to line the envelopes too.

Years ago I purchased envelope liner templates for the various envelope sizes.  I use them all the time, and love how it makes the envelope look so special.  

Paper Source carries the templates and you can also buy packages of pre-cut liners.  Those liners really make all the difference.
The papers that I selected for this card design are pink papers with gold polka dots.  I thought this was a nice complement to my Shabby Chic Pink Roses and French script design.

Downloadable papers are available on KarenHarveyCox Designs on Etsy.  My papers are available in an instant download.  You just print them out and use them for your cards or scrapbooking.  They are also available in 12" x 12" downloads.

I added a tiny blue with white polka dot ribbon to attach the inside papers.  Then a gold satin ribbon to match the French script on the front of the card.  Selecting just the right ribbon is a passion of mine.
The same paper was used for the envelope liner.  It's so much fun to make cards, and it's even better just to add the icing.


- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -