Roses, Peonies and New Designs


 One of my favorite design compositions is bouquets of flowers, especially roses.


sigh, listening to Andrea Bocelli sing La vie en rose is all that  I needed to be inspired.
Watercolor Roses and a bit of French script is what I used to create this Shabby Chic design.  
I recently decided to add a few different products to my shop Frenchscript on Etsy. 
I have used this design on fabric, and throw pillows.  Now I have added my design to one of those new products, cotton rugs. 

 I love the quality of these and the fact that I can throw them into the washing machine makes me comfortable using them myself and offering them to my customers.

I was so pleased when they arrived.  I love using these types of rugs in a powder room, the kitchen and my bedroom.  

Now it opens up a brand new coloring book and crayons for me to create special designs for each type of room.  I am thinking beach cottages, little girl's rooms, nurseries and of course the kitchen.  Design bliss for me.

While I was photographing this shabby chic roses rug for my listing, I used one of my favorite photographer's work in the background.  You all probably know Georgianna Lane.  I love her work.

I framed one her Paris postcard collections in this fun frame from Target.  It usually hangs in my art room above my computer for me to enjoy.

I recently purchased her 2015 calendar, from Georgianna's Etsy shop, and when it came, it was packaged beautifully.

It is such a perfect way for me to keep track of design deadlines and enjoy seeing lovely peonies...PARIS PEONIES by Georgianna.


My New Year's plan is to enjoy being lost in dreaming of new designs.   I am dreaming of creations for rugs, gift wrap, original paintings, prints and miniature prints.  Sounds like a plan to me.

Have a beautiful day.





- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -