Snowy days make me feel thankful

We had a bit of snow today.  It made everything look just like a winter wonderland.

Walking in a winter wonderland...

 This winter has been quite mild here in Massachusetts.  So the snow was a welcome sight.
I had put my little outdoor pillow of my Let it snow design on my bench outside.  My snowman looked right at home out there.

 For Valentine's Day decorations I decorated the tree outside with hearts and lights.

The snow makes it almost look like it's Christmas again.  When it snows, I love being home, making soup and feeling cozy at home.

Now that we have turned the snow on, I hear that next Monday and Tuesday we are going to have lots more.  Sarah and Mike are on their way to Florida to visit Disney World.

The boys will be sledding and snowboarding now that they are finally feeling better.  They had the worst virus that just wouldn't go away.

I have been spending time lately reading the Bible and listening to sermons.  Remembering to be thankful for all of God's blessings.

I read the other morning that God has given us the spirit of thankfulness to be the solution to feelings of despair.  God has given us the Joy of the Lord as our strength.  The cloak of praise is the best armor we can put on every morning before we start our day.


I am thankful for so many blessings, and especially thankful for you.



Pondside said...

The freshness of new snow is incomparable. As I write we are having a terrific rain storm - water pounding against the windows, and as I sit I hope that the sump pump will soon kick in. Such extremes, from one side of the continent to the other. Stay warm!

Blondie's Journal said...

Where have you been, my friend? I so enjoyed these snow pictures...I know your area got a lot of the white stuff! Your little people look like they are having a ball. Yay.

Let's catch up!

jane

Unknown said...

Beautiful, clean, white snow...we've had so little of it this winter here in nw Ohio & how I miss it. Your photos are lovely & the little guy snowboarding just adorable. Take care & stay warm!

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -