Finding my way back home to Blogland




Well, I have gotten lost.  Lost in all the adversity.  Lost in all the chaos in the world.  Lost, because I am not wired to constantly be around negative things.




I sat down and asked God to give me a way to find a more positive view, and be more appreciative of my blessings.

Tonight, I read a comment on my blog from an old blogging buddy.  So many of us started blogging in the mid 2000's.  Then I viewed some of the comments on her post.  Soon I was clicking away, like I used to do visiting all the beautiful blogs in Blogland.




Every time I visited an old friend's blog, it brought a smile back to my face.  It made me want to make lists of things I want to write about, like I did once upon a time.  Getting so lost in the joy of creating that it made me forget about all the negative things going on around me.



I have been on Instagram, and as much as I love it, visiting blogs still makes me feel like I just brought over a mug of hot coffee and sat with my neighbor for a while.

Instagram is a bit like window shopping, but when  reading someone's blog, you have visited the inside and brought away a bag full of goodness and inspiration.



There I was looking for new positive influences in my life, and you were there all along.  So, I am drifting through Blogland, making lists of new posts that I want to write.  Slowly finding you all again.

Yes, well you could say I have found my way back home.






Pondside said...

Ah....Karen I am so glad that you are finding your way back. I am struggling with a return too, as much as I want to write....and I AM trying. Reading this post gives me renewed inspiration. I send you my warmest wishes and positive thoughts! You were missed!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Lovely photos and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Karen.

Roxi H said...

Great comparison of Instagram. A lot of times I don't really have anything to say so it has fit me just fine. But once in awhile the words will flow.

Snap said...

Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!

Hugs-----

Beverly said...

I totally feel what you are saying. I have been having the same experience for quite some time now. I don't want to stop blogging, but I need to get my heart in it. I miss the way it used to be. I hope you will find your way back to Pink Saturday, too. It just isn't the same without you.♥

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Karen, I'm lost in that world with you too, lost because you're right, we're not wired for chaos. You've echoed the thoughts of my heart ...again...things I've wrestled with so many times, and why I'm still here in this magical place after so many years.
This one thought has helped me more than any other to be still, here in the land of blog too ...IF ONLY FOR ONE.
May we always find our way HOME, my friend... kindred soul.
xo

Anonymous said...

Of course the music is perfect as usual too. ;)
xo

Vid Digger said...

Karen, I've been trying to find my way back home for a while now. Having a normal blog, making people laugh, and not just posting music video after music video.

All I need is a swift kick to get started! Preferably by someone wearing a boot.

Unknown said...

I visited your blog and love it. Wonderful music thatI totally enjoyed listening to. Karen

Unknown said...

You inspired me yet again. I listened to your music and remembered how much I love movie soundtracks. Karen

Unknown said...

Yes. I have been feeling so inspired after visiting your blog and then clicking my way through the land of blog. Karen

Unknown said...

Yes that's it our hearts have to be in it. I miss writing and I can only write when it is heartfelt. This adventure with my mother's Dementia has taught me that we must cherish our gifts everyday. Karen

Unknown said...

Thank you Carol. ❤️

Gail Griner Golden at Gail-Friends said...

Karen - I relate to you in so many ways. I, too, am not wired to be around negative things. Lately, my blog is a discipline for me to focus on the good things in my life. Occasionally, I write about what's on my heart.

Like you, I watched as my mother went through everything you mentioned. After 3 1/2 years in a nursing home, she passed way in 2015. You are grieving right now, even though she's still with you. So, be patient with yourself. It's very hard to watch a beloved mother lose so much physically, mentally, and emotionally. I said a prayer for her, and for you, too. Hold to the Good Shepherd's hand as you walk through this dark valley, and He will see you through.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts and photos. You're a kindred spirit, and I'm refreshed by visiting with you.

Blessings,
Gail

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -