Awards, what a lovely day!

Travel in Blogland

Traveling through Blogland has to be the nicest adventure. I recently received two blogging awards. I was thrilled, and they truly made my day. I love so many blogs in Blogland, and there are so many talented and creative people. Now if you have already received the award that I am giving you, well, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised, but now you have a chance to award it to even more people.




My friend, Suze from the UK is always filled with lovely surprises, and she has awarded me this wonderful
Arte Y Pico Award. Congratulations, for winning this well deserved award, and for passing it on to me.

Here are the rules, so that you can take your award and travel through Blogland making others smile.



1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico’ blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.


premioarteypicoHave you met the lovely Vanessa from A Fanciful Twist? Well, every post is a step into a dream, a regular grown-up version of storybook land. Her talent takes your breath away and each post is a delight to read. She has a real knack of storytelling and adding just the right amount of eye candy as she shares her lovely creations and photography.

premioarteypicoPenny from Lavender Studios always surprises me with her lovely posts and great, great music. Her mosaic creations are just amazing. She recently returned from a trip to Italy and I love the photographs and music to set the mood. Whether she is showing off her latest mosaic treasure, giving you a recipe or writing about her day to day life, her posts are always special. I think we might be kindred spirits who definately share the love of music.

premioarteypicoCelestina Marie of the lovely La Rea Rose, is an accomplished artist, creating lovely decorative painting treasures. Besides her beautiful artwork and decorative painting, she creates gorgeous interior designs. I love reading her blog and peeking into her beautiful home.

premioarteypicoKathy creates a blog called Kathy's Cottage, which I love. If you visit there you will find she is so full of creative and positive energy. Who can resist Kathy's words, like today when she writes "I am happy with 35 cents worth of rainbows dancing on my dining room walls." Traveling to her blog and reading her posts is always so wonderful, and she is an amazing artisan. Her posts are always so interesting because she talks about so many different kinds of things straight from her heart.

premioarteypicoMary from Little Red House has this special way of creating special places in her home as well as her blog. She has one of those blogs that you quickly need a daily fix of, because it is always filled with beautiful posts. She seems to spin a story with just a few words and incredible images. She recently did a feature post, where she featured details of decorating from each of our homes.

premioarteypicoMo'a created an enchanting blog called Mo'a Romig-Boyles, which is vibrant with her love of art, dolls, and life. It is filled with her beautiful dolls, interesting posts and her latest paintings of portraits. I love visiting Mo's, just the sight of her blog makes me smile. It is such a gorgeous place to visit.




Awards, did I say awards. Yes, and Kathy of Kathy's Cottage gave me this Excellent award and I love that you get to select 10 people to pass the award to. Thank you Kathy, and Congratulations again for being awarded an Excellent Award.




Wendy of Windy Angels, has an excellent blog. Her artwork is amazing, and she was one of the first people to use video's on her blog showing her creations or giving us a tutorial. So, it is not a surprise that her latest video is so well done. I love all of Wendy's photography, artwork and writings. Oh, and her music is great too. Today she has a video of her beautiful work, she is so creative.

Suze, well now I cannot say enough about her, she just makes everything special. Her blog is called Sues Views, and that is so fitting because she has the loveliest view of life, which is always looking up. I love her blog and her photographs of nature on flickr are incredible. She lives in the Midlands in the UK and she introduces you to dreamy things. A very talented mixed media artist, she is not sketching in her new moleskin and I can't wait to see what she does next.

Teri C has this very creative blog called Painted Daisies. I am simply addicted to her posts, because she posts every day, and it is always filled with her own artwork. She is a wonderful painter and illustrator and her blog is such a treat. Teri lives in Arizona and Wisconsin and introduces me to incredible scenes that are very different from my own. I love to visit her to see what she is up to, especially Sundays when she illustrates church. She creates a wonderful art book on her blog and she promises to illustrate her days.

Tara, from Days Missed on a Hammock has a fun and interesting blog. Whether she is giving you a great recipe, decorating or revealing her Box Turtle nest, she is always up to something fun. I love visting her blog, it is truly Excellent in every way. I love how cozy her blog is, like today with pieces of interiors and some delicious looking cakes!

Do you love tea, I certainly do. La Tea Dah of Gracious Hospitality has the most lovely of blogs. Recently she hosted a Tea-A-Thon and came up with the most imaginative ways of celebrating the art of tea. I love her blog and reading her beautifully constructed posts. I love all the images of everything to do about tea and her lovely vintage images.

Kari and Kijsa are amazing sisters, who are artists and decorators and everything they do is Excellent, especially create an inspiring blog. The name of their blog is Kari and Kijsa and if you haven't already you must visit their place. I was so excited to give them this award, because of their daily excellence.

Alison Gibb's blog is another favorite place I often go. Besides the interesting things that she is up to in Australia, she shares about her family, friends and creative things. I love visiting her for her wonderful posts and her fun music. Her blog is simply called Alison Gibbs, and it is one of the most Excellent ones I love.

Louise from Beachy's Cape Cod Cottage has an excellent blog. Whether she is taking you on a tour of Cape Cod, finding treasures, or creating a photo challenge for all of us to join in, her blog is just lovely.

Now over at Lynn's place, which she calls Life at Cedar Hill, has a really gorgeous view of life. Lynn' s Blog, and shop filled to the brim with treasures called the Vintage Nest, has a gorgeous blog and beautiful boutique. I love her tours of the countryside and lately she has been taking us out to dinner with her, photographing each dish and restaurant.

I really love Lori's Fairy Window's blog, and I especially loved how she constructed this amazing day called Dolly Day. We all got to post our doll collections and it was so much fun. Her blog is filled with so many lovely posts, and she is always up to something cute and special.

The name of the song for this post is I Used To Be Color Blind, sung by Fred Astaire. It's always a good day to listen to Fred, but this song says it all.





My creation
Alison Gibbs said...

Karen congratulations on your Awards and thank you so much for mine.
Have a wonderful weekend
Alison

La Tea Dah said...

Oh, thank you so much, Karen. I appreciate your kind words and the lovely award you have passed along to me.

LaTeaDah

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Congratulations on your very well deserved awards, Karen! And I am honored that you named me - thank you, you have made my day! =) Now I have lots more new blogs to visit thanks to your lists here!

Teri said...

Karen, you are SO deserving of these awards!! Congrats on receiving them. And I humbly thank you for the one you gave me. I am honored!

winnsangels said...

Karen, you are such a sweetheart. Thanks so much for the award. I will look forward very much to finding recipients for the award(s) I have recently been given. The next few weeks will allow much time for me to be networking and these links that you and Suze have presented through the awards will give me some opportunities to visit some new blogs as well as revisit some friends that I've not seen for a long time.
Angels be with you dear Karen,
Wendy

Almost forgot to mention how much I love the traveler at the top of this page. Adorable.

Kathleen Grace said...

Congratulations on your awards Karen and for passing one on to me:>) Its a little bit of sunshine in my day to receive it!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

(I just looove your music!!)

Well, I have to say, thank you over the mooon for putting me on a list with all these great gals!!!! Isn't this wayy too much fun??? It makes me want to go out an skip.. And I willllll..... xo

kari and kijsa said...

Karen,
What wonderful awards you have both received and given!! Thank, thank you for including us in this fabulous list- we are thrilled and honored!
What a wonderful way to start a weekend! Cheers with both diet cokes to you!

Have a fabulous weekend!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, Many congrats. on your well deserved award and thank you from the bottom of my heart for including me on your list and your kind, kind words. I had to laugh when you mentioned that I have taken everyone out to dinner with me lately. I found some wonderful treasures for the boutique today. ~ Miles of Smiles, Lynn

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Sweet Karen!
Congrats on your lovely awards and thank you so much for passing one on to me! I am honored. I will grab it and post about it tomorrow.
Hugs to you my kindred spirit!
Penny

Our Hands For Hope said...

yeha...now instead of sewing all day tomorrow I now have two hand fulls of new fun places to visit! Congratulations on your awards!
Terisa

Anonymous said...

ongratulations on your awards. You have a truly beautiful blog and it is always a pleasure to visit.

You have been tagged. Come over to our red house to find out about it!

Kate

Lori said...

Karen, congratulations on your awards and thanks so much for passing one on to me:) your daffodil post below is just gorgeous!!! thanks for sharing the beauty of spring!!!

Tara said...

Karen

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am going to pick up my award next week...we took our family on a sunny vacation to South Carolina...

and you know how I love visiting here, thanks for introducing me to some other incredible blogs to visit!

:0)
Tara

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -