Away in a Manger

My creation


Away-in-a-manger-starThe Gift of Christmas, if only they had known,

Away-in-the-manger-2

Away-in-a-manger-starThe King was to be born to save the world,

Away-in-a-manger-6

Away-in-a-manger-starThey would have covered you in garments fit for a King,

Away-in-a-manger-8

Away-in-a-manger-starFabric woven with gold thread with the Word of God,

Away-in-a-manger-9

Away-in-a-manger-starA crown of jewels would have adorned your head,

Away-in-a-manger-12

Away-in-a-manger-starBlankets made from beautiful fabrics and embellished with lace and finery,

Away-in-a-manger-13

Away-in-a-manger-starFor your cradle.

Away-in-the-manger-bird

Away-in-a-manger-starWhich would have been made from the finest gold,


Away-in-a-Manger-4

Away-in-a-manger-starThey would have songs and hymns written to celebrate your birth,

Away-in-a-manger-14

Away-in-a-manger-starMillions of people would have traveled to meet you,

Away-in-a-manger-19

Away-in-a-manger-starOffering you many places to stay,

Away-in-a-manger-18

Away-in-a-manger-starI ask you sweet Jesus to stay close by me forever,

Away-in-a-manger-17

Away-in-a-manger-starAnd love me I pray,

Away-in-a-manger-15

Away-in-a-manger-starI give you a place to live within my heart,

Away-in-the-manger-puzzle-with-text

Away-in-a-manger-starTo praise you with my talents and voice lifted high,

Away-in-a-manger-11

Away-in-a-manger-starYou are the greatest gift

My creation

Away-in-a-manger-starThat our Father has given,

Away-in-the-Manger,-the-GIFT

Away-in-a-manger-starThe only gift I need at Christmas...you are the greatest gift of all.

Away in a Manger

The song for this post is...

Away-in-a-manger-7

away-in-the-manger-the-gift
Unknown said...

WOW! That's some major glitteration going on there!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That is so beautiful Karen! The art and the words. I get such inspiration when I come to your blog.
Hugs,
Penny

Vee said...

Beautiful...

I've so enjoyed listening to a little Christmas music here, too.

Kathy said...

Simply beautiful!
Kathy

Mimi Sue said...

So beautiful. I love the music. Who sings it? Mimi

Kathleen Grace said...

You are right, if only everyone had known who Jesus was, the world would be different wouldn't it? Beautiful collage Karen:>)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

My heart is full of his love and this is such a blessing...m...

Joyce said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You really do have a way with words. So glad that you enjoyed your visit to our Craft Center. Anne's book is wonderful. I can hardly put it down. Looking forward to our next adventure.
Joyce

A time to dance said...

What a beautiful post...the words, photography and beautiful craftmans ship of the embroidery.... Just what a tired Christian in Yorkshire needs at 6am when she feels negative about going to work this morning......Thank you - your blog is an inspiraion......as are your words and I guess we both know why............. Every blessing H

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What a beautiful post, Karen! =)

Heather said...

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! The post and the art!! I love your banner too. So very festive. Hope you have a great week!
-Heather:)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Karen....That's beautiful....Love the creation and inspirational words...It's beautiful pink post....Happy Pink...may the Lord bless you...Katherinllen

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

I am giving you an award as you inspire me and I would like to show my appreciation. Please check out Margie's Crafts. hugs Margie.

Anonymous said...

Karen, this is heavenly. Thank you the inspiration.

Sandra Evertson said...

That was so lovely! Just Beautiful!
Sandra Evertson

Anonymous said...

Precious Karen-- your blog is such a gift! I have a smile on my face and my soul is dancing a little, I think, from seeing such beauty. 'Away in a Manger' is one of my favorite songs.

xxxooo
CurtissAnn

Sharon said...

Truly Beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a lovely post that comes together with so many elements!

CIELO said...

Beautiful, as always Karen! I can hardly wait until the Christmas Fair to see all the loveliness you'll have for all of us to enjoy!

Have a blessed day

cielo

Charlene said...

Love your idea! Don't know if I can get it together or not by the 21st but I will sure be here to visit. In fact... I am adding you to my side bar.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -