Pink Saturday and a Vaillancourt tour



Today is Pink Saturday and Bev from How Sweet The Sound has a list of Pink Saturday posts for you to enjoy. So, please stop by and visit Bev and read today's pink posts. I have been busy creating lots of Santas for my little shop. I needed a bit of inspiration today...



So, it was time for a visit to Christmas...

Now I got my little friend Ingrid all set to take you on a tour of the most wonderful Christmas adventure. Tucked in the middle of the cutest town of Sutton is Vaillancourt Folk Art studios.



When I got my catalog in the mail telling me that they were decked to the halls in Christmas I had to visit. They were kind enough to allow me to photograph, so I was delighted to know that I could share this Christmas paradise with you today.



Are you ready? When we get to the Vaillancourt Folk Art, this is the lady who will greet us.



The new facility is an 1800's mill and the tall ceilings and old building really make you feel like you are walking into a chocolate factory.



The chalkware is made from Vintage Chocolate molds and hand painted by a workshop of artists that make you feel like you just stepped into Santa's workshop.

Vaillancourt

Judi Vallancourt Folk Art is collected all over the world. Her chocolate molds date to the nineteenth century. It is amazing how many designs that she has created over the years.

My creation

My creation

My creation

My creation

My creation

DSC04972


DSC04968

DSC04965

DSC04963

DSC04970


DSC04958

This gingerbread mansion, I would like Santa to bring me for Christmas!!!



This is the collection of inspiration that Judi used to create her 2008 Knickerbocker painting.

DSC04940

I loved the four poster bed that was in the middle of the showroom.

DSC04957

DSC04962

In the museum section of the studios, I noticed the beautiful artwork for Judi's beautiful punch bowl.

DSC04953

I love browsing the many Santas that have been designed over the years.

DSC04951

When I first visited the museum, I noticed my chess set had been retired.

DSC04950

I love all the details for the table settings.

DSC04967

There were nativities too, I fell in love with the workmanship in these pieces.

DSC04944

This is next year's Collector's weekend piece. When You attend one of these weekends you get to paint the design with the artists. I did this one year and really loved it.

DSC04943

Vaillancourt Folk ArtThis one is the one I painted when I attended a Collector's weekend.

Vaillancourt Santa design that I painted recently

Here are some of the Vintage chocolate molds I was mentioning.

DSC04941

I hope that you enjoyed the tour. Well it's goodbye for now, thank you so much for allowing us to visit. Until the next time...

DSC04936

Don't forget next Friday November 21st is the Christmas Fair.

Unknown said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What a fabulous array of Christmas goodies!

A time to dance said...

What a wonderful shop, I loved the santas. I used to buy my Mum pieces of the English cream ware it seemed odd to see it in the states! We went to Germany last summer and it was full of shops like that they are so magical...have a lovely weekend
every blessing H

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful tour. These are some of the most beautiful things I think I've seen. I would love to own any piece shown.. Happy Pink Saturday and have a lovely week.

LiLi M. said...

Thanks for taking us on such a wonderful tour. Two years ago I was in a special Christmas shop in Germany (I think of all European countries Germany must be the most Christmas celebrating country, as a matter of fact, I think they invented Christmas the way we celebrate it). Such a shop is filled with glass, blown ornaments and woodworks from the Erzgebirge but no such things as we see here, which makes it even more special to me. Thank you and have a great weekend!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I'll agree with tattingchic. WOW! WOW! AND WOW!!! That was an awesome adventure! Thanks for sharing! Take Care!!

Sherrie

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

What a wonderful tour! I loved it!

~ Gabriela ~

Unknown said...

What a glorious showroom; so great that they allowed you to take photos! I have 2 Vaillancourt santas.

Vee said...

What grand inspiration that was! Thanks for the tour...

Marina Capano said...

What a wonderful shop!!!fantastic! Happy pink saturday!

visit me anytime...

you´re invited drink tea with me!xoxo

Marina Capano said...

see you in your fair!xoxo

suesueb said...

what a wonderful tour! i almost felt i was there!! thanks so much and have a wonderful pink saturday!

MARIA said...

EXCELLENT tour through the Vaillancourt gallery!
Your painting and chess are so beautiful!!!
I feel Christmas atmosphere here!
Thank you so much for sharing such beautiful Christmas goodies!

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen.

This is such an incredible post. I would love to be able to visit Vaillancourt. Treasures abound.

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is the most amazing place! I am a santa lover from way back, so it was pure joy to see those wonderful works of art!

Your Santa looks awesome--I would hate to see what MINE would look like! Not a "family heirloom"!

See you at "the fair"! I just gotta figure out what I'm going to share--it'll be fun!

Hope your Sat. is full of fun and wonderful pinkness! Dana

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fabulous shop! Thanks for the tour :0)

Anonymous said...

Amazing post Karen. If I had to pick a favorite photo I think it would be the bed. In reading the post before that how cool was it that you met a fellow blogger. 99 percent of the people I know and meet have no idea what a blog is. Happy Pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post! I've written down the date of the Christmas Faire! Happy Pink Saturday!

Betty said...

Oh wow!! What a wonderful, magical place. I'd love to visit it some day! Thanks for sharing Karen.

Neabear said...

What an awesome shop full of beautiful things. I would have a hard time deciding what to get in a shop like that. Hope you got the inspiration you needed!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing with us so many wonderful Christmas Treasures!
You have made my day... and got me in proper Christmas spirit!
Kisses
Debbie Moss

(England)

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing with us so many wonderful Christmas Treasures!
You have made my day... and got me in proper Christmas spirit!
Kisses
Debbie Moss

(England)

Sondra Behne' said...

I know they have already said it but again, WOW< WOW. How could any one not be in the xmass mood after looking at all those lovely photos, Thanks again.

See ya next week
Sondra

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

WOW! I love Santa Claus figurines so I would have been overwhlemed with choices in Vaillancourt. I will go to their web site and see if I can afford to shop.:-)
Thank so much for the lovely tour and link!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Hugs, Pat

KatCollects said...

It looks like a beauitful shop, and your Santas you made are adorable. Happy Pink Saturday.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Karen, that was amazing and so gorgeous. A wonderful tour. I was mesmerized during the whole tour. Thank you for all the work this involved.

I am getting ready for the Christmas Fair. I can't promise alot, but I am excited about it.

Hugs...Jeanne

said...

Your post really puts me in the mood for Christmas!

Fifi Flowers said...

YOu are a BUSY BEE! WOW!
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Kathleen Grace said...

Ooodles of gorgeous eye candy! Thanks so much for taking us along to this magical place!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

What a great post..WOW !..I felt like I was Chrsitmas shopping...I wish it was that easy....There were quite a few things I loved to have....and to give as gifts....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Katie said...

Thank you for sharing! What a fabulous Pink Saturday Post. How can I not be in the spirit now?

Virginia said...

Wow!What a great post.. What a wonderful shop.
Have a Joyful & Bless weekend,
Virginia

Vanessa Greenway said...

What a great post! Love the pink santas tags! :) Vanessa

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Karen; Wow WEEEEE!!!! I LOVE THAT STORE. What a wonderful place to spend some hrs. Love all the Santas. Thanks for the tour.

Have a great weekend

Hugs;
Alaura

Nancy said...

Fabulous tour! Honestly, my favorite Santa is the one you painted - the colors are so vibrant. I need to get busy for next Friday! :)Nancy

bj said...

OMGosh...what wonder...just beautiful. I would dearly love to go to a shop like that with a POCKETFULL OF MONEY !!
Thanks for taking us on this magical tour with you....

bj said...

just to say i have my Christmas Fair posting all ready for the
21st...sure hope a lot of ladies join it because it's going to be such fun...Thanks for hosting this fabulous fair, Karen...
love, bj

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh!!! I want to go there right now!! Thanks for the wonderful tour.

Happy Pink Saturday!!

Stephanie

P.S. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

wow ... so many wonderful things to see. I especially liked the Santas and the chocolate molds.

Please stop by my site to pick up a free copy of my new cookbook: Finish The Feast ~ Leftover Turkey Recipes They'll Want to Eat. It's suitable for printing and giving as a holiday gift, and is filled with yummy things to do with all that turkey :o)

Victoria
xo

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -