Away in a Manger

Away-in-a-manger-18

Away-in-the-manger-birdI brought my Christmas canvas into the dining room and sat it on my easel, and I was reminded that Christmas is simply about being thankful for the gift. I remembered that last year I had created a post about Away In A Manger, my inspiration for this canvas. So, I thought I would share it again today.

My creation


Away-in-a-manger-starThe Gift of Christmas, if only they had known,

Away-in-the-manger-2

Away-in-a-manger-starThe King was to be born to save the world,

Away-in-a-manger-6

Away-in-a-manger-starThey would have covered you in garments fit for a King.

Away-in-a-manger-8

Away-in-a-manger-starFabric woven with gold thread and with the Word of God,

Away-in-a-manger-9

Away-in-a-manger-starA crown of jewels would have adorned your head,

Away-in-a-manger-12

Away-in-a-manger-starBlankets made from beautiful fabrics, embellished with lace and finery,

Away-in-a-manger-13

Away-in-a-manger-starFor your beautiful cradle,

Away-in-the-manger-bird

Away-in-a-manger-starMade from the finest gold.


Away-in-a-Manger-4

Away-in-a-manger-starThey would have had songs and hymns written to celebrate your birth.

Away-in-a-manger-14

Away-in-a-manger-starMillions of people would have traveled to meet you,

Away-in-a-manger-19

Away-in-a-manger-starOffering you many places to stay.

Away-in-a-manger-18

Away-in-a-manger-starI ask you sweet Jesus to stay close by me forever,

Away-in-a-manger-17

Away-in-a-manger-starAnd love me I pray,

Away-in-a-manger-15

Away-in-a-manger-starI give you a place to live within my heart,

Away-in-the-manger-puzzle-with-text

Away-in-a-manger-starTo praise you with my talents and voice lifted high.

Away-in-a-manger-11

Away-in-a-manger-starYou are the greatest gift

My creation

Away-in-a-manger-starThat our Father has given.

Away-in-the-Manger,-the-GIFT

Away-in-a-manger-starThe only gift I need at Christmas...you are the greatest gift of all.

Away in a Manger

The song for this post is...

Away-in-a-manger-7

away-in-the-manger-the-gift

Away-in-a-manger-17I have created a gallery of images for this post and you are welcome to download them for your creations.
Kathleen Grace said...

Karen, this is the most lovely post and the canvas you made is such a beautiful focus for a worshipful Christmas! Beautiful my friend:>)

Snap said...

Beautiful, Karen. Blessings to you and yours in this Holiday season.

Tristan Robin said...

Beautiful post - gorgeous collage.

It's nice to go back to where it all started, isn't it?

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

You've brought to your readers a beautiful canvas of the meaning of Christmas. Thank you...APPLAUSE!!!

Diva Kreszl said...

so beautiful...truly the greatest gift ever!

Beverly said...

Karen, thank you for this. You have once again touched my heart.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Absolutely beautiful, true and all that we need. Your gifts are evident and are a sweet aroma for the king...

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Karen, this is all fabulous, and I love the fact that you love Him so much, too! No wonder your art is so blessed and beautiful!

Love to you, my sweet friend!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Karen,
Nice post, but then all of yours exceed the normal. Today on mine I have an old Hat box full of 'PAPERS'. You know how we love papers. But now your posts puts all those papers to work. You are just very creative. Always love to come and see what you are up to.
Nancy Jo

Anonymous said...

Karen you are truly an inspiration. What a beautiful post ♥

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Karen; Such a beautiful post,, I love your manger canvas.. it is so gorgeous....

Hugs;
Alaura

caren said...

Karen ~ ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

This is magnificent, Karen.

Unknown said...

A beautiful post and beautiful images. Your work is just stunning!

Renee said...

So beautiful dear friend. I needed this gentleness today.

LOve Renee xoxoxoxo

Donna said...

Beautiful, Karen. I love the canvas you created. Happy Holiday season to you.

Hugs,
Donna

Rhondi said...

Hi Karen
Yes he is the greatest gift. Your collage is beautiful. What a lovely focal point for your living room.
Hugs, Rhondi

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You are so Blessed with many gifts that you use for the Glory of your Savior!!!... hugs...m.

Patricia said...

Karen,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It means very much to me. Your blog is just beautiful and I love your banner. I have you in my reader and enjoy all your creations each day.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -