A Few of My Favorite Things On A Pink Saturday

DSC06722

During my trips to find Antique ephemera and old and rare books, For The Love of Old Books on etsy, I often find amazing little Antique collectibles.












oday is Pink Saturday and Bev from How Sweet The Sound is hosting another celebration of the color Pink. It is also a lovely adventure to visit Laurie who hosts a Saturday celebration called A Few of My Favorite Things.




bow for Hat box postWhen I pick up some delicate object from somewhere in time, I think of who might have owned this and what lovely story they might have to tell. I decided about six months ago that I would create theme gift boxes of the treasures I find, and put them in my shop for Christmas. I have been dreaming of themes ever since.

DSC06720

bow for Hat box postI found this charming Antique pin cushion in Thoreauly Antiques in Concord. As I looked at this delicate keepsake I imagined some lady sewing in her parlor. Look at how the design on the vintage trim matches the design on the pin cushion.

DSC06711

bow for Hat box postOn another trip I found a lovely Antique sewing scissors. The scissors have lovely etching in the silver.

DSC06717

bow for Hat box postI love buttons and these Antique buttons are wrapped so nicely.

DSC06714

bow for Hat box postI also found a mason jar filled to the brim with wonderful treasures, like these sweet threads.

DSC06716

bow for Hat box postI purchased these lovely trims from the amazing Beth Hylan designs.
Look at how the design on Beth's vintage trim matches the design on the pin cushion.

DSC06710

bow for Hat box postWell, I couldn't very well visit Beth and not stop in Nesting on Maine. Only to find these lovely Vintage bobbins.

DSC06715

bow for Hat box postOne of my trips to the Red Chair Antiques in Peterborough, New Hampshire led me to this sweet French fabric swatches.

DSC06713

bow for Hat box postand some lovely Antique thread.

DSC06712

bow for Hat box postOne day while in Hancock, New Hampshire, I found Sarah's Hat Boxes owned by Peter and Debbie Mills. When I entered the showroom I knew I had found the perfect boxes for my gift box idea. Debbie designs the most beautiful hat boxes in the world. Her husband, Peter concentrates on the construction and beautiful workmanship. I love that they use a 1922 shear to construct the hat boxes.

DSC06708

bow for Hat box postIsn't it perfect that these exquisite hat boxes are made by a machine dating back to 1922? The hat box is made of finest fabric and topped with a gorgeous ribbon and bow, which is attached to the box.

DSC06724

bow for Hat box postI placed an Antique hankie inside this one and filled it with my sewing finds.

DSC06709

bow for Hat box postAnd so there is my first Hat Box of Inspirations.

hat box three dimension

bow for Hat box postI call this one a Hat Box of Vintage Sewing Inspirations. Since it is July and traditions create Christmas in July, I placed this one in my shop early.

DSC06709

bow for Hat box postThis music helps one imagine this sewing box belonging to some woman from Somewhere in Time. Keeping with Pink Saturday Tradition, have you met That Shabby Pink Girl? Please visit her, you will love her Pink post.


I am also linking to the amazing Laurie from Bargain Hunting With Lauri. She hosts A Few of My Favorite Things every Saturday, but her links are already beginning to collect this Friday.
Sherry from Alabama said...

What beautiful and elegant arrangements and words in your Pink Saturday post. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Joyce said...

You always find the best treasures. I don't know how you can part with them. I would make a terrible salesperson. I would never let anyone buy anything!

Carolyn said...

You have put together some lovely treasures for your pretty hatbox!

Carolyn

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Karen, I guess it's because your so artistic, but you can spot the most wonderful treasures and turn them into even better treasures! All of these sewing notions combined in that beautiful hat box just make such a wonderful gift. I can imagine being able to open the box and pick up each item and think about how it was used years ago - and allowing myself to drift off into a world of long ago. I am so happy to have you link to Favorite Things Saturday with this beautiful treasure box you created. (I also thank you for your kind words - you are such a sweetheart.) Hugs, laurie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very, very pretty, Karen! Your blog is such wonderful eye candy. I hope you know that.

Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

myletterstoemily said...

i love Christmas in july! your sewing
box of treasures is just lovely. such
an enchanting imagination you have!

Jeanne said...

Hi Karen, I am happy to be visiting you today. I have had so much going on,(as usual) these past weeks I have been unable to visit. Blogging is one thing and visiting another. The latter takes so much time.Sigh!

Your box of inspiration is beautiful. A wonderful idea. It reminds me of the many times I gathered things for a collage. It could be sewing, writing, Victorian hair items or gardening. You will have a wonderful time with this idea. The search is half the fun.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Jeanne

That shabby Pink Girl said...

It was fun looking at all the goodies you have collected and put together, what a great idea.So pretty.
have a Pretty pink Saturday

marian elizabeth

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE those scissors!

A Garden of Threads said...

I love the box of sewing treasures. Did it sell? If not let me know. Happy PS.

Kathleen Grace said...

What a beautiful idea Karen! The hatbox alone is a wonderful find but fillede with all these fun treasures it would make a lovely gift:>) Plus you get the fun of searching for all these pretty things!

Victoria said...

Gorgeous..everything looks so wonderfully beautiful.I would love reach in and touch these lovely gems..the photos are full of charm and character and history..fabulous!
Kiki~

Kathy said...

How lovely, you have found some treasures! I too imagine what the lovely lady must have been like before me who may have owned some of the things I've collected.
I hope you have a Delightsome Pink Saturday,
Kathy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I just love all the beautiful things that you shared here with us today!! Great vignettes!!
HPS!!

Debbie

Jenny Lou Who said...

I really love the pincushion. I think I'll go make one soon, just like it. Happy Pink Saturday!

CailinMarie said...

I just love the idea of all these wonderful finds tucked inside a hankie lined hatbox. Just wonderful!
Happy Pink Saturday-
CailinMarie
http://cailinyates.blogspot.com

Char said...

I think your box is just lovely. All the wonderful things you found are going to be a joy to work with. I bet they don't last long. What luck you had. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Vee said...

That is an extremely creative idea for your Etsy shop. Lovely little sewing box you've made.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! What lovelies you've put together! The artist shows through you just by the way you've arranged everything in your pretty little box! Thanks for popping in to see me and have a Happy Pink Saturday!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Suzy said...

Love how you gathered all your sewing treasures up in the hat box. I have a stack of hat boxes in my craft room that holds my modern day sewing supplies :-)

★Carol★ said...

I would love to have a yard of every little trim, and every pretty button card that is in this world, wouldn't you? So many lovelies in this post, and your box turned out so beautiful!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Carol

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Karen Sweetie...
Oh my gosh what a beautiful presentation today. I love the pin cushion put with the other lovely antique sewing necessities. How beautiful it is and the box and the gorgeous doily and bow. You have such an eye for beauty Karen. I love this post.

I too love to pick up things, and wonder how far they have traveled? Who had them first? I love collecting old hankies. I have some very beautiful ones and I have often thought about the elegant owners and what they did. Who they were?

Thank you for sharing today. I have so enjoyed my visit.

Country hugs sweetie and much love, Sherry

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi, Karen! What terrific sewing notions you've gathered together in that glorious hat box! Simply beautiful.

I just visited THAT SHABBY PINK GIRL and she has such a lovely blog!

Your blog always has such a calming effect on me. Love the pictures, love the music, love the way you describe things....magical, dear friend!

Happy PINK SATURDAY!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Rhondi said...

Hi Karen
Your hatbox of inspirations is delightful and so pretty too, just like you!
Hugs, Rhondi

Elyse said...

hi karen,

i can see why these things made your favorites list. lovely! the french fabric swatches are so pretty.

happy weekend

xo
elyse

Anonymous said...

Karen, your themed boxes are sure to be a hit!! I do love this one you shared today....of course, I sew lots and lots, so all of the items were extremely interesting to me! The boxes you are going to use to put your items in are wonderful!!! You certainly have an "eye" for gathering the "bestest of the best"!

I hope you are having a wonderful Pink Saturday!!! L, Dana

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Karen! How beautiful! My mom had scissors like that. I wonder where they are. Love all of the other vintage pieces...especially the pin cushion! Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie

D. Jean Quarles said...

Such a lovely Pink Saturday Post. Loved your vintage threads.

Unknown said...

How fun is all that!?! Karen, are you on Facebook? If you are come and look me up... I am Tatting Chic on there, too! ♥

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

I adore all your beautiful vintage sewing treasures and how gorgeous they all look in the hat box.

I hope that you are having a lovely weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dearest friend,

I was preparing for a yard sale for the last 3 days and our sale yesterday, Saturday, was a grand success! Tired, but certainly not enough to post, I am here to visit with a great lady...you. Your finds are stunning as always, and I am really curious about that other French script that you told me about...PAYDAY is this coming Wed., so let's get things rollin' for that lovely fabric you designed, but I was wondering if you had come up with yet another fine design using your latest find...let me know!!! Bisous, Anita

Ruth Welter said...

Wonderful treasures, beautiful finds and as always, gorgeous photos that look like they came from a magazine...just lovely Karen.

Ruth

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Karen, thank you for your visit and kind, kind words! Our little nest will most definitely be a place to host more people, what we love doing. And......thank you for the heads up on the new fabric design! I AM GOING TO LOOK AT IT and let you know because on theh 15th, I am sending you a check for whatever fabric is the RIGHT ONE! LOVE YOU! Anita

Natasha Burns said...

Gorgeous treasures Karen!
I too wonder about the story that goes with each object - if only they could talk?!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You found so many lovely collectibles, Karen, and have turned them into treasures. I particularly like the antique sewing scissors!

Happy Pink Weekend.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen.

What an exquisite box filled with wonderful treasures. It is sure to be well-loved.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -