Seeing

DSC02584

I spent the week with my mother in Vermont.

DSC02592

She is 85 years old and had her second eye surgery.

DSC02599

Everything went well.

My creation

Seeing.

Peony Organza

At an art show yesterday, I thought about how art is defined so differently by the way a person sees the life around them.

DSC07522

There I met a man who's father has Alzheiner's Disease.  He is a wonderful photographer and has chosen to photograph his father as he walks through this terrible disease.

DSC02623

He has found the beauty in something that would make most people look away.

DSC06227

Seeing, and embracing the beauty and the adversity in our lives, this is truly a gift.

DSC02617

When I am aware of God's Grace, Then I feel like I can truly see.

DSC02632


No matter what my view is, as long as I am aware of Him,

Peony Melody

I can truly see.

Peony Symphony

The song for this post is Where Would I Be?

Kim Klassen background called Silence
Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

So glad that your Mothers eye surgery went well and wishing her all the best.
I love all the beautiful peonies you have shown.

Have a happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AMEN. And we can't even see clearly in this life, but will clearly see in the next. Can you imagine how vivid the truth shall be? I can't. But it will be something to behold, with new eyes...ahhhhhhh....lovely images dearest, Anita

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Karen,

I am glad your Mom is recovering from surgery. These photos are stunning!


~ Gabriela ~

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

I am so glad to hear your mom did well with her surgery and your photos for this post are gorgeous..
I have also found that as I face adversity I come out the other end closer to the Lord with a clearer vision of the many blessings He has brought into my life rather than focusing on the lack.
Have a wonderful week Karen and big hello to your mom!
Tina xo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beautiful, Karen. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL... words and photos.

So glad to hear about your mom's successful surgery.

Sending both of you warm hugs, my friend...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Vee said...

Your story about the photographer and his father reminds me of the quilter whose work I once saw. She finished a piece her mother (who also had Alzheimer's) had begun. It started so straight and sure and ended in such twists and contortions, but still with such beauty. That quilt told a profound story that I've never forgotten.

I'm glad that your mother's surgery went well and that you were able to spend time together. I hope that she enjoys the renewed vibrancy of color that comes with this surgery and that she enjoys ongoing health and well being. And I hope that you are able to be together soon to enjoy delightful spring days.

Thinking of you...

(Does it go without saying that your art work is beautiful and that the backgrounds you select are perfect complements to your photography? No. I must remember to always tell you that.)

Dolores said...

Oh Karen...... your words, photography and art are always so beautiful!!!

So good to hear that your mother's eye surgery went well.......
Hugs,

Chris Graham said...

Karen,
Thank you for commenting on my blog.It means so much to me. Oh my goodness your pictures of your peonies are beautiful!! I used to live in Birmingham and it was cold enough to have them there. I wish I could take photography lessons from you. Chris

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -