Happy Easter



Forget-me-nots and Good Friday go hand in hand for me.


Some years back I was going through such a difficult time.  I drove to my mom's in Vermont and on the way I stopped at Stowe.  I often go to the von Trapp Family Lodge just to walk the gardens and enjoy the gorgeous mountain views.


The von Trapp family fled Germany in the early 1940's and settled in Stowe.  The mountains reminded them of Austria and you feel like you are in the movie, The Sound of Music when you visit.


That year I had a dream before my trip that in the middle of a beautiful landscape surrounded by steep hills,  I came upon a Cross covered in forget-me-nots.  I took the sign and tried to surrender everything to the Lord.  But I wasn't successful, I was losing my faith.


Walking the grounds of the von Trapp Family Lodge I stumbled upon a patch of forget-me-nots in the shape of a heart.


Further along I came upon this beautiful little grotto and the cross.  There I was walking in my dream, but this time I found my faith.  I will never forget the warmth of the spirit that flooded through me.


It was the most wonderful reminder that we are never alone.  I left with my faith restored and a lovely God wink that will live in my heart forever.  My troubles passed and my prayers were answered and in a beautiful way.


Have a Blessed Easter.  I wish you renewed faith and the blessings of God's favor.

"And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing;
and I will cause the shower to come down in its season;
there shall be showers of blessing."

Ezekiel 34:25-27

The song for this post is Blessing.


Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

He rains down blessings in showers, torrents and mists. May He always give us all a guiding power through faith that will shine in the world! PEACE MY DEAR! Anita

Rhondi said...

Dear Karen
Such a lovely "from the heart" post and that song is one of my favorites. I hope you experience the new life that the resurrection brings in ever increasing measure.
Hugs, Rhondi

NanaDiana said...

Karen, What a beautiful story. It is God moments like that that restore and renew us...nd if they stick forever we are doubly blessed. Happy Easter to you, dear heart- xo Diana

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It is raining here so gently, and it is a PERFECT DAY FOR CRAFTING!!!!! WOnderful idea my beloved Karen. HAPPY RESURRECTION CELEBRATION!!!!! Anita

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -