Monday, May 28, 2012

Baby Shower Inspirations III



Planning a baby shower is so much fun.  Here is an update to the Baby Shower inspirations.  I previously posted about the Baby Shower plans.

Added to my baby shower checklist was a way to tie in my chandelier baby shower decorations into the tablescape.   I wanted to find ideas to give me the best baby shower, but I didn't find too many chandelier ideas that worked for my design.

I had a basic idea how I wanted to match the theme in the room and add it to my chandelier.


I took flower petals and assembled them into a rosette, using my fabric as the top layer of petals.  I cut out the shape of the top layer with one of my Samantha Seahorse fabric swatches.

After assembling the petals the way I wanted them to look, I sewed them together using a bit of felt on the bottom to anchor the rosette.

(My petals are vintage ones that I purchased at an Antique market.  They are originally flowers used for millinery).  Here is a link to a Millinery Flower pattern which you can use to cut out your own flowers out of your favorite fabrics.

After sewing it together, I added a button at the bottom and sewed it to the felt.  I like doing this because it gives you lots of ways to use the rosette.  I simply tied a bit of tulle around the button and then I could tie it to my lampshade without hurting the shade.




By sewing a button on the bottom, not only do you anchor the rosette, but you can tie it to a gift, or to something you want to decorate.  Sometimes I sew the rosette to the ribbon before it is tied to a gift.  Then the person that the gift is for, gets to use the rosette for something else.



So, this is how it looks on the shade.  I like the way the tulle makes it look like a hat.  I am going to use A Tea Party theme for the main food table buffet.  So, it seems appropriate that my little shades will be wearing hats to my tea.

When I finish all eight shades, I will photograph the chandelier and share the finale.

My inspiration for my rosettes comes from my beloved little treasure of a book by Kaari Meng called Treasured Notions.   French General

While I am in the process of planning the shower, I thought I would add links of inspiration to my sidebar.  I have found some really cute baby shower inspirations.






I hope I sewed some inspiration into your day today.  Wishing you a lovely day.


5 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I love this color seafoam my dear, and I too have a fabric flower attached to my lamp. FUN FUN FUN is happening here! Enjoy a lovely week, Anita

NanaDiana said...

Karen, That is just darling! I thought you were working on a large shade at first-but that is sooo sweet for a chandelier. The buffet table will have to work hard to hold its own against the chandy. xo Diana

Vee said...

Ahhh, inspiration galore! I can see this technique being used for many different decorative things. Love the little shades and can see you working your magic on lots of shades. Heck, I can see you going into the shade business. It really is terrific.

CLAUDINE said...

Thank you
Claudine (atelier côté jardin)

Gabriela Delworth said...

Hello Karen,


Lovely projects! You must be very excited!


Gabriela