Baby Shower Inspirations III



Planning a baby shower is so much fun.  Here is an update to the Baby Shower inspirations.  I previously posted about the Baby Shower plans.

Added to my baby shower checklist was a way to tie in my chandelier baby shower decorations into the tablescape.   I wanted to find ideas to give me the best baby shower, but I didn't find too many chandelier ideas that worked for my design.

I had a basic idea how I wanted to match the theme in the room and add it to my chandelier.


I took flower petals and assembled them into a rosette, using my fabric as the top layer of petals.  I cut out the shape of the top layer with one of my Samantha Seahorse fabric swatches.

After assembling the petals the way I wanted them to look, I sewed them together using a bit of felt on the bottom to anchor the rosette.

(My petals are vintage ones that I purchased at an Antique market.  They are originally flowers used for millinery).  Here is a link to a Millinery Flower pattern which you can use to cut out your own flowers out of your favorite fabrics.

After sewing it together, I added a button at the bottom and sewed it to the felt.  I like doing this because it gives you lots of ways to use the rosette.  I simply tied a bit of tulle around the button and then I could tie it to my lampshade without hurting the shade.




By sewing a button on the bottom, not only do you anchor the rosette, but you can tie it to a gift, or to something you want to decorate.  Sometimes I sew the rosette to the ribbon before it is tied to a gift.  Then the person that the gift is for, gets to use the rosette for something else.



So, this is how it looks on the shade.  I like the way the tulle makes it look like a hat.  I am going to use A Tea Party theme for the main food table buffet.  So, it seems appropriate that my little shades will be wearing hats to my tea.

When I finish all eight shades, I will photograph the chandelier and share the finale.

My inspiration for my rosettes comes from my beloved little treasure of a book by Kaari Meng called Treasured Notions.   French General

While I am in the process of planning the shower, I thought I would add links of inspiration to my sidebar.  I have found some really cute baby shower inspirations.






I hope I sewed some inspiration into your day today.  Wishing you a lovely day.


Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I love this color seafoam my dear, and I too have a fabric flower attached to my lamp. FUN FUN FUN is happening here! Enjoy a lovely week, Anita

NanaDiana said...

Karen, That is just darling! I thought you were working on a large shade at first-but that is sooo sweet for a chandelier. The buffet table will have to work hard to hold its own against the chandy. xo Diana

Vee said...

Ahhh, inspiration galore! I can see this technique being used for many different decorative things. Love the little shades and can see you working your magic on lots of shades. Heck, I can see you going into the shade business. It really is terrific.

atelier cote jardin said...

Thank you
Claudine (atelier côté jardin)

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Karen,


Lovely projects! You must be very excited!


Gabriela

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -