Monday, July 15, 2013

Dish Towel Inspiration


 Recently I have been trying to keep my mind from being anxious.  Anticipation is always such a waste of time, when we really have little control of what will happen in our future.

To distract myself I  have been designing kitchen towels.  My new obsession. Everywhere I go, I see the most interesting kitchen towels.

Anticipation...nobody sings it better than Carly.  Carly Simon is writing her memoir.  She just celebrated her 68th birthday and you can find more about her latest news on her web site.




So, I decided to design four kitchen towels on one yard of Linen Cotton Canvas fabric.  Dishtowels by the yard.  A cut and sew design.  I made some of them up, to show you what they look like.



I designed Hydrangea dishtowels in four different designs.  These dishtowels have companion fabrics in my Cape Cod Hydrangea fabric collection.




Of course there had to be Little Women dishtowels.

I have designed a few more in my dishtowel fabric collection...

I am working on some Jane Austen dishtowels with some Jane Austen quotes.




Post a Comment