Pink Saturday

DSC04015

DSC04010Today is Pink Saturday and if you stop by Bev from How Sweet The Sound you will find lots of lovely Pink posts. Who wears a peanut butter cup tutu you might ask?

DSC04017

DSC04010An artist who needs to come up with a piece of artwork using a candy wrapper.

DSC04013

DSC04009

DSC04010I call this challenge The Peanut Butter Cup Ballet.

DSC04008

DSC04010In our Creativity Boot Camp, we were asked to create a piece of artwork using a candy wrapper. Well, I am a Peanut Butter Cup junkie, so it wasn't too difficult to eat a few to give me enough wrappers to create this Peanut Butter Cup Couture design.

DSC04019

DSC04010Speaking of something sweet...

DSC04291

marie-for-gabriela-bowOne of our favorite Pink Saturday ladies, Gabriela Delworth has published a book, which she just sent to me.

DSC04289

marie-for-gabriela-bowThe book is filled with glitter, and lovely tutorials for the sweetest crowns ever.

DSC04287

marie-for-gabriela-threeSo, if you stop by Gabriela's Pink Saturday post you will surely find some lovely Marie Antionette delights. She has her book for sale on her etsy shop.

DSC04285

marie-for-gabriela-bowThe song for this post is Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies.
DSC04288

P.S.

fiona-pink-saturday-sweater

This is Cocoa and Sam's cousin Fiona. My sister, Susan's dog, isn't she cute? This adorable Pink Sweater, a Fiona Couture original, was designed by Susan and can be purchased for a pooch holiday gift on her etsy shop.

Pink Saturday
Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

How clever! Of course, eating that many p'nut btr cups would cause me to be unable to fit into a tutu-who am I kidding - I can't fit into a tutu now! Is it your birthday? I saw something in the photo about a b'day. If so, happy birthday! laurie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, that it too-too cute! ;-) Sorry, Karen, I couldn't resist. It really is adorable, and I like the way you made the candy her skirt. I would have chosen Hershey Kisses, and I would use the glittery foil for a silver ensemble.

That book looks fabulous. What a great cover. I'm so proud of Gabriella! :-)


Happy Pink Saturday to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Suzie Button said...

How gorgeous, as usual! The book looks delightful too! I'll have to see about it! Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening dearest friend! I saw your wonderful work on Gabriella's blog and I am going again to see my sweet Nancy's work. What a great event; and your peanut butter ballet is just innovative, sweet and beautiful. But of course, all your work is blessed of the Lord and it brings such joy. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND THANKSGIVING! Anita

caren said...

Oh, Karen ~ I love her! She is so sweet (lol). I think I would have eaten more than a few peanut butter cups - she would of had a HUGE tutu! Happy Pink Saturday.

Diann said...

That is adorable! What a great and creative way to use the candy wrappers!

Alison Gibbs said...

Karen what a yummy tutu - so clever
How cute Cocoa is
Alison

Unknown said...

What a clever and adorable idea, Karen! Your peanut buttercup tutu is darling! The books looks wonderful Love the cover. I'll have to check it out!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Tina

Julie Marie said...

Hi Karen... oooh, Fiona is precious! I just want to kiss her! And I certainly could have helped you eating some of those peanut butter cups, they are my all time favorite! Your creation with them is adorable! Bisous... Julie Marie

Mary Bergfeld said...

How clever you are. I love the tutu and the other pinks you selected to share with us today. Have a wonderful week.

My name is Riet said...

What a lovely idea and so cute. Happy pink Saturday

Gabriela said...

Hello Karen,

Thanks so much for posting about my book, I am glad you liked it!

The Peanut Candy Wrapper tag is fabulous!

And this dog soooooooo sweet!


~ Gabriela ~

Cathi said...

I love your peanut butter cup dancer!!
So absolutely adorable and creative.
Happy Pink Saturday!!

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Sweet Karen!
Pretty post today..so cute.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving and a Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

Betty said...

That is too cute Karen. Or should it be tu tu cute!! You have such a creative imagination!
Have a wonderful pink Saturday!

Snap said...

Peanut Butter Ballet -- I love it!

vickie said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I love your new creation, very cute and clever!
Have a great week, I'm going over to check out the book and doggie sweaters! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy Jo said...

Karen,
Just wanted you to know that I posted some the things you sent me on my site, and I must say they look pretty good.
Nancy Jo

Claudia said...

Karen, you are very clever! I love the peanut butter cup tutu - it is just delightful. It made me smile! Happy Pink Saturday!

Kathleen Grace said...

I think your peanut butter cup ballerina is adorable, and what a fun project, especially since you had to empty those wrappers:>) I love resses cups!

Jenny said...

Eating them was the fun part huh?? And if you made a mistake..oh darn, I need another wrapper!!

Nancy said...

Oh, so creative. Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Happy PiNk to you, Karen

I love your peanut butter cup couture. :0)

The book looks like fun!!

Scatter Bliss,
Stephanie

Elena said...

Well done with your 'Peanut Butter Cup' challenge - very creative :)

The pooch is just gorgeous - I'd love to give her a cuddle.

I've enjoyed your post - Happy pink saturday - have a fabulous week.

ciao for now,
Elena :)

Marina Capano said...

Karen!! yes, Gabriela is great artist, I love her, her art, her paper, her crows. and shi is nice person. I hope next years I´ll have she in my tv show!

and lovely dog!
your blog always is fantastic.
regards

xoxo

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen.

I love your little Reese's ballerina. You always make us smile with your beautiful spirit.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -