Ribbons of Inspiration


I noticed that this month's Victoria magazine has an article on Nicholas Kniel.





I can always count on Victoria to inspire me.







One of my favorite books is called Ribbon, The Art of Adornment by Nicholas Kniel and Timothy Wright.




Inside this gorgeous coffee table book is so much delightful ribbon inspiration.







I am always inspired by ribbons, which leads to fabric designs.






I love the way






the ribbons are displayed in this book,

I am always looking for 

INSPIRATION






 for my Vintage Runway collection on Spoonflower.












vintage ribbons and trim

The song for this post is Baubles, Bangles and Beads.


Today is Pink Saturday, With blogger down for a while, I almost didn't make the link-up.  Please visit Bev from How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday.flower scriptHave a beautiful Pink Saturday and a lovely weekend.

texture flower
Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Karen,

I am getting this magazine.
Ribbons and gift wrapping!


~ Gabriela ~

Beverly said...

Karen, you are beautiful.

And, this book is amazing. I want it, too. I love ribbon - and baubles, bangles and beads.♥

Blondie's Journal said...

These pictures make me wish I could tie a pretty bow!!

Thank for sharing, Karen!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen!
I have not yet purchased this issue...but I am thrilled to have had a lovely preview! You always deliver...your posts are inspirational in and of themselves...

I think I'll tie a ribbon in my hair today!

ciao bella


Creative Carmelina

Vee said...

Those ribbons look as beautiful as bouquets. The shoe clips reminded me that I have an old pair around the house someplace. Must keep my eye out for them. You have a great day, too, Karen. These glorious spring days are made for inspiration.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening precious Karen!

With BLogger out of order for two days, it was so difficult to keep connected with everyone. But it is nice to come back to lovely things of peace, beauty and fun. What a crazy week I have had at school. Education has changed just in the last 8 years that I have been teaching. Have a quiet weekend, Anita

Susan said...

That was nice, Karen. I love ribbons....and lace! Susan

Dolores said...

It is amazing how a pretty ribbon can make an item come alive. This book looks enchanting...

I think of you often and hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Ooooo....your Runway Collection looks wonderful!!

I'm a ribbon lover, too. Ribbons are so versatile....they are lovely all by themselves....and at the same time, they are the perfect adornment!

Hope you have a lovely Pink Saturday!!! L, dana

Michelle said...

Beautiful, and inspration post! I can't wait to look around and visit your blog, this is my first time here and I will be back again and again, I can see, you have a beautiful blog. Happy ps.

Gale Wall said...

Love the bird ribbon!

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday, love the ribbon and I love paper and all such things, everything looks lovely. Havea fu filled Pink weekend! Hugs Marilou

Bluebirds and Roses said...

OMGosh I love your post and am a ribbon addict .very inspiring post..HPS!

Betzie said...

Such a pretty post!!! Love all your ribbon pics and inspirations!
I recently discovered Spoonflower...what a neat design!

Unknown said...

What a delightful & inspiring share.

Have a beautiful PINK weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

5 Day GIVEAWAY, pop over

Kathleen Grace said...

Oooh, I saw that article in Victoria but I had no idea he had written an entire beautiful book! I'll be looking for this now, thanks for sharing it Karen!

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Karen.

I know we love all ot the same things. I love ribbons - and I love Victoria, too.

Unknown said...

What a fun post...thanks for passing along the inspiration!

HaPpY (late) pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -